Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Hullabaloo

Yesterday I got all fancy shmancy on myself and made a lunch inspired by the Swedes. Meatballs!!! Turkey meatballs from Trader Joe's to be exact.  I sauted mushrooms in some olive oil, added in fresh spinach and meatballs, mixed in some tomato basil sauce, and topped it off with basil and half an avocado! I'll be honest, the only reason why I was inspired to make this dish was because I needed to clean out the fridge so my food didn't go bad.  My parents would be so proud.

Yummy yummy in my tummy!

Today was a soup-for-breakfast kind of morning.  I made a soup inspired by yo mama.  I used low sodium vegetable broth, stirred in rice noodles (the ones I bought at the Chinese store), mixed in corn and tofu, and VOILA! It was lacking a little flava flave though so I topped it off with some seaweed rice seasoning. Deeeelish!

Since this post seems to be based primarily around food, let me continue with tonights dessert.  Because it was the Superbowl and you were flaunting your feast all day long, I felt the needed to step it up tonight. This plan lead me to Costco where I got vanilla/chocolate mix soft serve. This stuff reminds me of what you get when you go to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. So rich and fluffy! (and less than $1.50 with tax! Shout out to Costco! Holllllaaaa!)


Now I'm watching Brothers & Sisters. I'm sick sick sickkkk of homework. I wish I were watching GLEEEEEE! I'll have to wait until tomorrow when it's on Hulu.

PS Did I mention how jealous I am of all the amazing food you ate today? Corndogs, eclaires, a quesadilla, and oreo brownies. Napoleon Dynamite said it best... "Luckkkkkyyyyyyyyyy!"

1 comment:

  1. I'll be Hulu-ing Glee tonight too girl! Can't wait!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete