Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PreThanksgiving Feast

My mom and I went over to her friend Joan's today. She has the most beautiful kitchen I've ever been in and is a ridiculously amazing chef. We are going to Joan's tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner so we stopped by today to help her prepare the feast! She is feeding 16 people!

First thing I see when I walk into her house is lemon custard to make lemon meringue pie. She is making both that AND pumpkin pie but she's adding her Joan touch to it. Joan says, "I hate when my pie crust is soggy!" so she is making both pies by cookie cutting out individual pie crusts and letting people place their pie filling on top when they're ready to eat it. Genius.
After prepping a bunch of food for tomorrow (don't worry, I'll be taking a lot of pictures of the finished items), we were ready for dinner. Joan had cooked a spaghetti squash before we arrived so she served it up for dinner. It's super easy to make and delicious to eat! I think I'm going to buy one when I get back to Santa Barbara. We just put a little salt and pepper on top but next time I want to add tomato sauce and see if I can make it like normal spaghetti!
She also made us mint mojitos :)
Then, we went over to the Roseville Galleria because Joan wanted new silverware. I love Pottery Barn and Create and Barrel. I can't wait to start decorating my house and collecting furniture! I have this genius plan to work there for a year and accumulate all my furniture while receiving a hefty discount. 

Next, we mosied on over to Il Fornaio for dinner #2. I hardly touched the calamari appetizer because I was so engrossed in their delicious breads! I ate an entire basket by myself (Pane Olive, Panmarino Rosemary, and Ciabatta). It was SO worth it! Mmmm with olive oil and vinegar :) YUM.

Now, I'm sitting next to Kobe, who is snoring, flipping between Food Network and E! I don't think I've ever been so content. Happy 3 hours until Thanksgiving!!!

PS I have a new mini obsession for Jake Gyllenhaal.

1 comment:

  1. wow joan sounds like wonderwoman!! im so jealous of your feast it looks beyond amazing. lemon is right up my alley...i wish i could taste the custard! ughh. hah! your little obsession...did you see love and other drugs? I just want to be in your exact position right now. lets trade lives. thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING

    ReplyDelete