Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Changing Leaves

Tuesday
My dad and I woke up and went to State Street to grab coffee before he dropped me off for class. It reminded me of middle school! We both got coffees but mine was 100 times better because I mixed two seasonal flavors (Snickerdoodle and Holiday Blend) with soymilk and his was just plane-jane black... ew.

After the long drive, I definitely felt warm fuzzies when I got home! My entire house was filled with the fantastic aroma of Momma-made turkey soup. Oh lordy was it to die for! I had two bowls to show my appreciation and compliments to the chef.

It was filled with mushrooms, carrots, peas, yellow onion, turkey, and brown rice made with organic chicken broth. Mmmm Props, Mom!

Next course was a spiced cake topped with cream cheese frosting that my dad made. Hats off to the baker! He is always surprising me with his baking skills (and by baking skills I mean mixing the Duncan Hines cake mix together and finding a suitable frosting to compliment it).

Kobe's curled up in a ball. I think he's trying to keep warm. Look at those little arms and legs! He reminds me of a hen! Haha He's becoming so much more quiet, relaxed, and zen in his old age! Maybe he's been doing too much yoga.

Wednesday
This morning I woke up at 11:20! I know, suuuuper late! That's about 10 1/2 hours of sleep last night! I guess it goes to show how much longer you can sleep when the sun isn't beaming in through your blinds.

The first things I came across when I got downstair this morning were 8 bouquets of flowers. I think my mom's trying to become a florist?

Then I set out for a jog along the river in the freezing cold! I know Sacramento-cold is NOTHING compared to Kentucky-cold, but when you're coming from Santa Barbara, Sacramento pretty much feels the Arctic. Case in point: My fingers are numb right now as I am typing this... and I'm INSIDE my house.
Playlist
Album Intro-  The XX
Shut Your Eyes-  Patrol
Marley & Me-  Theodore Shapiro
Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second-  Starfucker
Everybody Got Their Something-  Nikki Costa
In Motion-  Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
Beautiful Love-  The Afters
Heartbreaker-  MSTRKRFT
1901-  Phoenix
Lisztomania-  Phoenix
Starry Eyed (Jakwob Remix)-  Ellie Goulding
Sleepyhead-  Passion Pit
Little Secrets-  Passion Pit
Partner In Crime-  Dr. Hollywood
Evil Woman-  Mike Posner
Band Bang-  K'naan feat. Adam Lavine

After my 3 miler, I came home and took Kobe on a stroll. I only call it a stroll because he stops so often that I don't think it qualifies as a walk.
Look at that fox!
Ok, enough with my Kobe pictures

I'll give you a little taste of Gold River right now :) Enjoy!
Now, it's persimmon time!

2 comments:

  1. the gr pics literally brought tears to my eyes. I was watching friends today and i didnt think i'd be this sad about staying in lexington. your latte sounds delicious!! were the 8 bouquets all for you? damn your mother loves you a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah I don't think they were for me (that was the sad part). I'm pretty sure it was for Kib, Bear, Popo, Gong Gong, and her friends.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the picture :) Gold River misses you

    ReplyDelete