Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpk-aholics Anonymous

...except not so anonymous.

I think it's pretty clear by now that I'm REALLY excited for the holidays. I woke up this foggy morning, lit my "creamy pumpkin" candle from Bath and Body Works, and brewed a nice, hot pot of pumpkin joe (coffee). 

As I said in my last post, I bake my friend an amazing loaf of pumpkin goodness for his 21st birthday! It was inspired by the pumpkin coffee cake on How Sweet It Is.


Now tell me that doesn't look good!

I took the easy way out though because A) I didn't have the time to bake the entire thing from scratch and B) my way was cheaper. 

Instead of making the cake batter, I used the pumpkin spice bread mix from Trader Joe's. Thank you, dear Joe, for making my life that much easier once again. 

The next steps were easy peasy: making/sprinkling the crumbles on top, baking it, and topping it with a glaze. NOM.


Not to toot my own horn, but the boys all said this was the best dessert their house received and the entire thing was devoured within an hour of cutting into it. (toot toot!)

My baking-skepade and the sweet aroma of goodies in the air lead to Madison wanting to bake cupcakes. Hers were a little more artsy and decoration-oriented than I have patiences for. I helped a little but I mostly just did this...


Which lead to this...


Yep, that's frosting on a candy corn...

Can you say, "up until 2am on a sugar high?"



1 comment:

  1. so cute! and i want some cake :( no one ever makes me treatssss also, please see my blog later today for my own pumpkin deliciousness

    ReplyDelete