Friday, March 4, 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front

It's a truly tragic day in television.  In case you haven't heard, Steve Carell's final day of filming at "The Office" we've grown to know and love is today :( I just filled 3 buckets with my tears.

On a brighter note, I've had a wonderful past 2 days!


Thursday
I woke up grotesquely early yesterday morning.  Linnea needed to get the the harbor to shoot the sunrise for her cinematography project so I offered to drive her since the buses, like everyone else in world, are smart enough not to wake up before 5am (except for my mom and dad who are just plain crazy). As we left our apartment complex at 5:30am, the world seemed so peaceful and quiet. I actually secretly really like the early morning.

After dropping her off downtown in front of the harbor, I headed to the gym to try an early morning workout.  It was about 6:30 and my first class didn't start until 9:30 so I had 3 hours to kill. I was really surprised to see so many people at the gym that early in the morning! Like I said before, people are CRAZY. I walked into 24 with my hair in a high sumo-bun, eyes half shut, drool still lining the side of my face... I wouldn't be surprised if my clothes were inside out and backwards, yet everyone working out was so perky and alert! I envy them. Although I really wanted to just crawl back into my car and fall asleep, I stuck it out and hopped on a Cross Trainer Elliptical. I couldn't muster up enough energy to actually run or do stairs so I stayed on this machine for about an hour.  Then, I went down to the locker room, took a shower, got ready for school, and left at 8:30.

The last hour I killed was spent at my beloved Lazy Acres. Side note: Thursday are student discount day! 15% off pour moi!!! Since I am still on a college student budget, I brought a ziplock baggie of Trader Joe's Fiber-O's cereal and I set out to find some soy milk to put on top!

I found this super yummy Probiotic Blueberry Soymilk! SCORE! It was so delicious! I wasn't as sweet as I was expecting (which was nice) and the hint of blueberry added a lot to my cereal.




Today
This morning after cardio boxing, I headed down to State in search of travel size shampoo and conditioner to bring to the gym.  I've decided that I'm going to be one of those crazies that wakes up early for the gym a few days a week.  I'm pretty sure I found everything BUT mini shampoo and conditioners.  Fortunately, I was able to find some great deals at American Eagle!  I bought 2 big, knit sweaters on sale for $9 each. Uhmmm yeah $9... you read that correctly.  I also found a few cute tank tops on sale; on top of those sales, I got my 15% off birthday discount. DOUBLE SCORE!

After a little more window shopping, I headed over to Blenders for a smoothie.  My usual is the "Blue Banana" because it isn't too sweet and has two of my favorite fruits mixed together, but today I ordered the "Blue Orange".  I must be vitamin C deficient because I was really craving OJ.  I personally think Blenders is a million times better than Jamba because they often use nonfat frozen milk in their smoothies versus fruit juices.

Before I got home, I made one last pit stop to Whole Foods. I now buy my soymilk there because it is 1) Organic 2) Cheaper 3) Comes in pairs! I go through a lot of soymilk (on cereal, mixed with Ovaltine, paired with almond butter, etc) so this makes it a lot easier, cheaper, and more efficient.



Tonight I believe Meredith and I are headed to Harrison's for a BBQ with a couple people. Can't wait! It gets freezing here at night so I may have to wear one of my new sweaters :)

1 comment:

  1. blueberry soymilk?? oh my effing lord. we're gonna need some of that. is there such thing as a soy complex? we may develop one in the near future...


    and im adding blenders to our to-do list. also, say hi to harry for me!

    ReplyDelete